With 2023 finally here, it’s the time of year for resolutions and changes! Most resolutions start off strong and fade away, so making your resolutions sustainable and manageable is the best way to ensure they stick around. So let’s start the new year off strong, here are ways to elevate your skincare in 2023!
• Sunscreen can help prevent sunburn, skin cancer, and premature aging when used regularly
• Clouds don’t block UV rays, so even if the sun isn’t out, you are still exposed! UV rays are the cause of sun damage and skin cancer, so protecting yourself every day is key.
• And remember, no matter your complexion (even if you never get “sunburned”) the sun is still damaging!
• Knowing what your skin type is and how your skin reacts to different products and ingredients is a key factor in maintaining your skin.
• Read our blog --Insert a quick blog/quiz about skin types? Maybe code a simple one)* to figure out your skin type and what products are best for you!
• Water maintains your skin’s elasticity. People who are hydrated are less likely to show as many signs of aging, such as wrinkles and soft lines.
• While you sleep, your skin makes new collagen and blood flow to your skin is boosted, which is key to your skin’s repair process, as well as the reason for your “morning glow”
• In addition to glowing skin, sleep helps keep your hair and body happier and healthier.
5. Remember, skincare isn’t just on your face, don’t forget about the rest of you!
• Your hands and feet do a lot for you, return the favor and give them some extra love.
• Proper care can help prevent issues before they happen, like calluses, and blisters, so make sure to wash regularly and moisturize.
If you feel like you need an extra boost, you can try Slugging.
6.Go into the new year right, treat yourself
•With the new year starting, it’s a great time to purge old makeup and skincare. Unfortunately products expire– by using an expired product, you run the risk of irritation, rashes, blemishes and various skin or eye infections.
•So do future you a favor and clean out your expired products.
• Using products that are cruelty-free and sustainably sourced is great for ethical reasons, but they’re also generally better for your skin.
• Choosing higher quality products means decreasing your chances of inflammation, allergies, and breakouts.
• Eu’Genia products are Phthalate, Paraben, and Synthetic Free. Plus they’re vegan and sustainably sourced, so you can take care of your skin and take care of your planet too!
• As much as we wish it were that easy, skincare isn’t a one time fix, consistency is key. Try keeping your routines realistic for your schedule to increase the chances you will actually be able to stick to them!
We know this list could go on for ages, but we won’t keep you– have your own tips to share? Tag us @eugeniashea on instagram and tik tok with your skincare resolutions for the new year!
With the #slugging hashtag having over 590 million views on Tik Tok, it’s no wonder more people are asking, “what is slugging and should I be doing it? If you're asking yourself that right now, then read on, this short blog will answer all your questions and teach you how to get started #slugging!